Friday, July 8, 2011

11th 20th Birthday Celebration

Good afternoon! I had so much fun last night and can't wait to recap, but first breakfast. This morning I had the usual, a sandwich thin, banana, peanut butter, and cinnamon



Natural, organic peanut butter on one half, and PB and Co. cinnamon raisin swirl on the other half. Holy yum!



Olivia, Juliet, Grace, and Mwah

As I was saying before, last night I had a little get together for my 20th birthday. It seems like I have had eleven birthday celebrations since my actual birthday on July 4th. Hey, I'm not complaining or anything. The get together was low key, but I had a nice time hanging out with friends and family. My friends came over around 6:30 and we chatted while we snacked on yummy appetizers. The spread was perfect: unsalted cashews, homemade guacamole, jiacama, blue corn chips, and kale chips I made (recipe to come soon).


Kale chips..



If you've never had kale chips, they are basically deydrated kale that becomes crispy almost like a potato chip. They are super healthy and you can add any kind of sauce you want to them such as a cheese sauce or barbecue. I decided to go with my favorite, a vegan cheez sauce.


We chatted, laughed, and hung out while some drank Skinny Girl margaritas. They are delicious, and who knew they are only 100 calories per serving? Regular margaritas are usually around 600 calories per serving! Thank you, Bethenny.

Around 8:30, dinner was served. The dinner spread was also amazing. I chose to serve halibut with a mango salsa (!), roasted broccoli, grilled zucchini, grilled chicken (for those who do not like fish, a sin right?), truffle butter pasta, and ciabatta bread with olive oil and sea salt.







My plate.. x2 on the zucchini, broccoli, and fish! I wasn't that hungry come dinner because I had filled up on guac and chips!



Birthday girl
 My mom made me wear those hideous glasses. I obliged.


We had blueberry pie for dessert with whipped cream that was reallllly good. I'm currently snacking on carrots and hummus and I am getting ready to go run some errands. I leave for Michigan tomorrow! Hope you all have had a great Friday afternoon! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment