Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Have I Told You I Love Peanut Butter?

Today after work Bridget and I did the same routine we did yesterday. She picked me up at the train station, I ran to her car, we drove to the gym, then attended two classes.

The first class was Kickboxing, which included all of your basic kickboxing moves plus others that were a bit more challenging. Overall, I thought the class was pretty good, although it was not as challenging as I would have liked.

Following Kickboxing, I took my favorite Group Power class, which kicked my behind. Holy soreness tomorrow! Gotta love the burn.

When we got home we were both starving, so we cooked up some salmon and I stirfryed some veggies.

My creation...


Asparagus, zucchini (so good right now), carrots, and red bell pepper. I seasoned the veggies with some onion powder, garlic powder, and lots of peppa'.


I decided to put barbecue on my salmon and oh my gosh it was awesome! I love barbecue sauce and I live for fish so that's a double win.

The salmon was baked perfectly. Lots of flakiness going on, and it also had a really buttery texture. Perfection.


***

Enough of dinner, lets get on to the good stuff.  Remember today when I promised to make something for you all? Well, I never let go of promises, so make something I did!

Any guesses?

Nope, you guessed wrong. I decided on homemade cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter. I am obsessed with PB and Co.'s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. If you haven't tried it, then your not truly living. You must get your hands on a jar now, I mean like tomorrow.

Anyway, I came up with the following recipe and it turned out very yummy!

Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter








Ingredients:
1 cup peanuts (I used salted, whatever you prefer)
2/3 cup Raisins
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Agave (honey, cane sugar, and maple syrup would also be yummy options)
1 1/2 tbsp. Olive oil (any oil will work here)

Directions:
Add peanuts to food processor and blend until creamy (about 3-4 minutes). Stream in the olive oil, cinnamon and agave. If you like your peanut butter more or less creamy, add more oil as needed. Transfer peanut butter to container and fold in the raisins. Eat spoonfuls and spoonfuls!


Confession: I did not fold in the raisins, I put them in the food processor where they became chopped liver. If you want plump, whole raisins in your peanut butter you must fold them in.

Voila!




Cinnamony, raisony, creamy peanut butter. Yes, those are made up words.  I may even call this recipe killer. Maybe, like I said, killer is a strong word. I suggest you go make this now, so you can live a happier life! Seriously, though.

2 comments:

  1. I have never been a fan of raisins but that looks so good. I love me some peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dawn

    A lot of people who tell me they don't like raisins end up loving this peanut butter! If you make it let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete