Monday, July 25, 2011

The Zumba That Wasn't

Hello, friends! Hope you all had a good day so far, mine was certainly okay, just your good, old, run-of-the-mill Monday. After work today, I planned to go to a Zumba class with Bridget. We had taken one on Friday that we absolutely loved so we couldn't wait to go back and try it again.


Bridget picked me up at the train station around 6:22 and we scurried to the gym to make it to the 6:30 class. This time we had a different intrsuctor than the awesome one we had for Friday's class, so I was a bit skeptical. It turns out we were actually really disappointed with how the class was run. The Friday class consisted of modern pop songs with hip-hop moves that were really fun and HARD, this class was more salsa and mambo, which I was not a fan of.

It was not challenging at all and we were so disappointed we ended up leaving the class early in favor of doing our own workout. Oh well, at least we can count on Friday being killer.

***
Dinner

After the gym, Bridget and I came home to a meal that was ready to eat. On the menu tonight was grilled halibut and roasted broccoli. 

The halibut was so flavorful. Mr. McCarthy made it by marinating the fish in olive oil, parsley, butter, lemon, salt, and pepper for a few hours and then grilling. I went back for a little more than shown on both the fish and the broccoli. 

Doesn't seem like much, but I filled up on pickles before dinner started.


Why is fish SO good?!


flakkyyy
Its time to shower, put away clothes, pack my lunch and snuggle up in this amazing weather we're having in the Northeast. There's absolutely no humudity and it actually feels cold outside...very odd for summer in New York.

I'm not complaining, sleeping with the windows open is the absolute best feeling. Time to tackle my list of chores, g'night! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment