Monday, June 27, 2011

Bad Day

Whenever I have a bad day the lyrics of Daniel Powter always pop into my mind. Cause you had a bad day, your taking one down, you sing a sad song just to turn it around... 

Indeed, I did have a bad day. I had trouble with the train to and from work, in result I missed my favorite spin class, and on top of it all I somehow managed to break Bridget's camera. So there will be no pictures with this post, I'm awfully sorry. I know I should not complain considering there could be thousands of worse things in my life and I know I am truly blessed. Tomorrow is a new day so enough dwelling on the negative.

Instead, lets talk books! I am currently in the middle of one of the best books I think I have ever read. I mean I haven't read that many books in my lifetime, but I have read enough to know a good novel vs. a crappy one.
Christopher Cleave

This is the brilliant man behind the novel, Little Bee. I know I have talked about this book before on the blog, but that was before I started reading it so my perspective has changed greatly. From Wikipedia: "Little Bee is a dual narrative story about a Nigerianasylum-seeker and a British magazine editor, who meet during the oil conflict in the Niger Delta, and are re-united in England several years later." 






The book has several twists and turns and is truly heart-wrenching and endlessly compelling. Every page I turn I feel as if I am learning a lesson or something about life I have never thought of before. Let me tell ya, this novel really makes you think. I suggest to all of you, if you haven't read it already, to pick up and start reading! Enjoy your night <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment