Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shop Til You Drop

Indeed, Bridget and I shopped our little hearts out today. We woke up at 9 am and drove to Madewell to participate in their anniversary sale, did any of you guess right? It was 75% off already on sale items and 20% off everything else in the store. I love Madewell so this was a dream come true!

Before I left, I ate something for breakfast that was new to me. Last night I tried out Gina's breakfast cookie. It requires a little prep the night before, but it is so worth it! If you want the recipe, click here.



The picture doesn't give the cookie justice, but I promise it was amazing! See those little clumps of brown on top? That would be almond butter, my new obsession. Peanut butter still takes top rank, but almond butter is definitely a close second.

After I was properly fueled, the shopping begun. I ended up buying $600 dollars worth of clothes for $110 dollars total. I was in awe and so was everyone else who was in the store. Thank you Madewell!

After Madewell, we decided to stop at Steve Madden because I wanted some wedges. Thankfully, I did find some! I also bought a pair of white shorts from Abercrombie for $30 buck! It seems like the whole mall was having major sales today. Fine by me.

When we got back after five hours of shopping, we were both starving! I decided to recreate the salad I had for dinner last night.


Chicken+craisins+slivered almonds+hummus+balsamic


Carrots on the side! Bridget also brought out tortilla chips, so I've been dipping some of those in hummus as well. I'm off to the gym as soon as I publish this post. I don't know when I will have the chance to blog again today, since we are going downtown to meet some friends tonight. Have a great night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment